After leaving the restaurant where we had our fabulous Greek restaurant, YB and I tried to walk the oceanfront. It was a feat that proved more or less unsuccessful because, you see, the cold ocean water cooled the wind enough to make the temperature too much on the cold side even in the warming spring sun.
Not to be outdone by the weather at the oceanfront, YB and I made our way back to our car, took the long way home, and proceeded to venture on what would have turned out to be an eight mile trek. At the four mile marker we turned around and started for home. At 5.5 miles, YB's shoes finally bit the dust. The day was fading along with the temperature so we took the opportunity (excuse more like it) to stop in the Dunkin' Doughnuts to have a rest. I had hot chocolate, YB had a decaf coffee with a shot of coconut. After our rest we started out again. 2.5 miles is a lot and YB's knee didn't make it 200 yards.
We limped back to the DDs. I gave her my cell phone and told her I'd call from hers once I got home to pick up the car. 35 minutes later I called from the car, 10 minutes after that I picked her up, and 10 minutes after that she was home making herself comfortable with an Advil, a heating pad and her laptop.
No comments:
Post a Comment