It amazed us how hard it was to find good seafood in an area right on the coast.
Go figure.
Now that we're back we are in full prep for the arrival of Z. The office, formerly G's room, has been broken apart and moved upstairs along with the futon (no small task as I had to break that monstrosity down to fit it up the stairs) which will stay there. The office formerly known as G's room will be Z's room. YB picked out a color and three coats later the walls are done:
Tomorrow the trip and ceiling will be done and Z's room will be ready for furniture...which we don't have yet. Oddly enough, this is the only room inside the house we've done anything with as far as renovations go. But that is all changing because G is moving to our room which is next to Z's so we're going to paint that, and we are moving to G's room which will also be painted. Each room is taking about a week so by the time we're done with painting YB's mom will be arriving at the airport.
*whew*
Anybody who knows YB and I knows we don't do anything halfway. In addition to all the interior work being done I've begun work on prepping the garage for a good painting and then siding later on in the summer. 15 or 20 years ago, somebody had the bright idea that it would be a good thing to cover the lower half of the garage exterior with T1-11 and then let the building itself fall into disrepair. When we bought the house I knew this was going to have to be dealt with in a year or two, otherwise we'd start losing the garage. Well, now that we had a roof and gutters and windows and paint done on the main house (garage is detached), I figured this summer would be a great time to work on the garage as it would take me a few months to complete the job, that is until our city government sent me a nice letter explaining a paint job must be done on the building by the time Z arrives otherwise I'll owe them $100. The good thing is the paneling has come off very easy thanks to the state of disrepair the exterior is in, the three colonies of I disturbed and the mob of termites which were eating away at the T1-11. This weekend it will get a good power wash to clean it up, next week hopefully a prime and a paint job.
In addition to the painting and the garage we just had the crawlspace insulated and have plans to address the upstairs bathroom because somebody in their infinite wisdom thought it fit to install ceramic on top of a particle board sub floor. I was hoping the bathroom would be done in time for our guests but they'll have to come visit again.
Well, YB's home. Gotta go.
3 comments:
Tell the city "if I had a hundred dollars, I'd paint the garage"! I hear the property values are going up in Portsmouth because of one crazed DIY transplant. Press on Bog-Man!
I don't understand why you are painting before siding. Why not just side it now?
Babba, with the exception of the entry I just posted, I think I shall use the title "Bog-Man" from now on! lol!
Post a Comment