Greetings from DC which, as Babba puts it, is the only place in America that doesn't realize there's a depression on.
YB, G and I came up for the weekend to get away from the rat race in Hampton Roads, celebrate her birthday and allow me to get some time on a Sony MVS-8000 (not a G model but same form factor). I TD'd a game in January on this and I had some questions that needed answering before taking any more with it.
YB and I just got back from an excellent steak house after a fantastic breakfast this morning at a french place down the street from our hotel which we got for a song. At breakfast, eaten on a communal table and interspersed with conversation from a local family on the whereabouts of a good steak house, we shared some kind of croissant and an omlette with goat cheese and something else. For dinner our appetizers consisted of Shrimp Bisque and Bacon Wrapped Scallops. Amazing. For entrees Youngbee had a T-Bone with the bone in. I had a Filet Minion. Both were just excellent just so excellent. For desert we shared a milk chocolate something or other that was fantastic.
Tomorrow we will eventually head beach to the rat race. It's not often we get to have a weekend off and I would like to walk around the capital a little bit before bidding adieu to the weekend.
It's a nice celebration weekend we are enjoying. Winter is always busy for us and to be able to slow down and take things one day at a time unscheduled is a real treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment