Sunday, July 18, 2010

YB says

I finally figure out why working at Lebanese restaurant has been so stressful.

I have a co-worker who is Lebanese and 20 years old who expects anyone to know how she feels without telling them how she feels.
She also one time asked me to chip in some $$$$ b/c it was another co-worker's birthday. And she also said that "only if you want."..... ( as if that's not supposed to give me any pressure).
I am gonna ask other people to....
And she had $10.00 in the envelope.

She was serious and wasn't trying to mess with me. I mean she didn't see anything wrong with giving money for the co-worker's bday. ( No, the co-worker wasn't getting married nor graduating from high school; and she ain't related to any of us what so ever).




I have another co-worker who is Columbian who is bossy and likes to tell other people what to do and who doesn't see anything wrong with asking a customer what nationality the customer was in. ( I thought it was REALLY rude, but the girl was so proud of herself having a guts to ask the customer that question).


I frequently run into customers who are from Africa and grab the plastic bags without telling me or asking me if they could. ( And, she doesn't see anything wrong with that)

I sometimes have a Chinese customer who evidently thinks that she is the goddess and doesn't mind giving people order as if we are her servants.

We sometimes run into customers from Middle East who leave .76 cents for tips when they had $42.00 worth of meal. Again, they do not see anything wrong with the picture.

I feel like I constantly am run over by these customers with different cultural standards. And if I try to explain why it's not o.k. to do the things they do here in the U.S., they are more than likely to hold that against me or any others for that matter. ( even though this is America).





No comments:

Followers

Contributors