Wednesday, June 16, 2010

JD recounts...

...last weekend.

What can I say? My my parents have made infamous the weekend warrior trip (WWT). This is the trip you look forward to taking because you get to go somewhere and would enjoy infinitely more if you could actually spend more time visiting than a day or two. My parents version of the WWT consists of driving 8 to 12 hours driving on a Friday night or Saturday to where my brother or I live, turning around Sunday to make the trip back in time for work on Monday. My version consists of flying if my destination is farther than a six hour drive.

Last weekend YB's sister, SB, graduated from college. It's a long story as to why, but my vacation time allowance and vacation plans would not allow YB and I to visit for more than the weekend. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but seeing as how YB and I live on the east coast and SB lives on the west in Seattle, it was a tremendous undertaking.




The cliff notes version of our WWT consisted of catching a delayed flight, delayed at the gate, delayed departing, causing us to miss our connection and forcing us to get the airline to pay for a hotel overnight after getting put on the first flight to Seattle the next morning. We arrive at 10:30ish am the next morning with three hours to the ceremonies to get the rental car, find our hotel, freshen up and show up late (which wasn't a problem as the ceremonies were three to four hours long). After the ceremonies we hung around with the SBs friends for a little while and then decided that it was time to head out to dinner. Dinner was amazing. Too bad I didn't get a picture. It was a seafood place down on the wharf I believe. Our table was out on the deck looking out on the sound where we could watch the ferries go back and forth. About nine or 10 we said our goodbyes to the fam, brought SB back to her place and headed back to hotel (which was just down the street from the Space Needle...so cool!). Sunday morning at 10:40 found us on our plane back to the east coast where we arrived without issue after 11pm.




The trip was not worthless. Though it was fast and packed I will never forget those memories. There's something about being there on the important days for your family that is worth it for reasons words cannot express. So SB, our prayers are with you as you head back home and we cannot wait to see you again hopefully next year when we visit you there. Pursue God with everything you've got, follow Him.

2 comments:

ybdale said...

"Last Saturday, YB's sister, SB..."

sounds so fictitious lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Mary said...

SB is one young lady I wished I had more time to get to know, while she was here for your wedding.

Two good thing about being a weekend warrior (didn't realize our vacation plans had been coined) is that you never overstay your welcome, and you are never bored.

Followers

Contributors