Monday, December 14, 2009

YB says



Banana Yogurt Muffin


I had three ripe, mush really mush bananas at home. Though I was tempted multiple times to just go ahead and eat it for snack, I restrained myself from doing so. Why? 'cause I promised my hubby that i'll make banana muffin for him ;) Well, the truth was.. I wanted to bake something cause I was bored ;p


So here it is:


35 min | 10 min prep

SERVES 12

Dry ingredients

1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Wet Ingredients

1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (or lowfat)
1 egg
2 tablespoons skim milk (or lowfat)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas (chopped)
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix In another bowl, combine yogurt, egg, milk, and oil.
Add contents of wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix- do not over mix.
Stir in bananas (you can also add chopped nuts or other fruits if you want) Place batter in muffin tins.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden.



** I added chocolate chips b/c I know JD loves chocolate.

3 comments:

Aunt Mary said...

That looks delish. I'll keep the recipe and try it against ALaura's banana muffin one. I like the yogurt addition. Do you think you could forgo the oil if you're using yogurt?

Aunt Mary said...

180 calories and 5 grams of fat. That's really good.

ybdale said...

I haven't tried. But, maybe that'll work. I once saw a recipe on low fat yogurt pan cake. I remember the recipe completely skipping on oil. So, maybe it will work. one of the readers who left a comment also suggests using wheat to make it healthier and she said it was still good.


Anyway,


the muffins are officially gone by this morning.
*sniff*

Followers

Contributors