Monday, December 14, 2009

YB says(not enough chicken)

So, I cooked some kind of Chinese dish with chicken and vegetables on the top of brown rice. Growing up in Korea, meat was very expensive comparing to vegetable. So, I am just not used to seeing too much meat in an Asian dish. Furthermore, Mr. Dale, soooo asked me if I could cook a bit healthier just to make up that being bad with pizza and cheese sticks while vegging out on weekend.

So, I added ONE CHIX Fillet with whole bunch of veggie. Then, Mr. Dale told me he really REALLY liked it.

YB: So, what would you like for tomorrow lunch?

JD: Oh, Can you make the stir fry you made this morning. It was really good.


YB: Oh, really? it wasn't too spicy for you?

JD: at the edge a little bit, but it was still good.

YB: ALL proud and smiling ( or vice versa). OK. that's gonna be my project for tonight.


JD then hesitantly and timidly decide to ask me for a favor.

JD: Um... ( smiling) can you put some more chicken this time?

YB: ( thinking about her grandma's cook in Korea) and all of sudden realized that we have Walmart here as soon as JD says:

JD: Are you saving up chickens or something? We can get more of that if that's what you need.

YB: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure.

Then, I realized that my cheapo mission failed. I was agonized over $60.00 on the grocery last week, so I figure if i can make it up by not spending any more than $10 or $20 this week. So, since I'll be using all of the chicken breast we have for that one meal of JD's tomorrow, I guess I am going to grocery tomorrow :P

No comments:

Followers

Contributors