Post #39
Today’s post is brought to you by Rough & Rowdy Boxing from Charleston, WV.
Talk about meanderings, a few months ago I took YB and the kids to a hotel in Huntington, WV. We were looking for a pool weekend getaway after the disaster that was the week before in Toledo (hotel had, I believe, just reopened after Covid and then decided to redo their pool while simultaneously not telling anyone). The decision was between the hotel in Huntington, that we ended up taking, and a hotel in Charleston. Both hotels are next to the city’s convention centers.
So when I was booked for this boxing event I, of course, confused the two cities which, also of course, is very unfortunate because I brought my Mavic to fly and get some scenics for the broadcast. I had planned to fly Huntington’s bridges and flood gates. I had planned to hover the convention center and downtown area. It’s very scenic, especially at night. Hence the Mavic. My longer range FPV drone does not have a camera that functions well in low light.
But, you see, Charleston and Huntington are both very different cities.
The hotels may both be located next to their convention centers. Both cities may have rivers that pass. But Charleston is almost completely a no-go for drones due to the airport being so close to downtown. Also the show format is pay-per-view. Once we go on air we don’t go away until the end of the show. Also, and also, and also, and also.
So here we are. A meandering post that ends in the same place it started. Starbucks is my home for a couple more minutes before walking to work because the WIFI works and because it doesn’t have something nasty growing in the main area which sets off my allergies.
Time for another Venti Vanilla Sweet-Cream Cold Brew with no ice. Gotta be able to drive home tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment