Post #20
It’s February 13th and tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. YB decided to host a Valentine’s Day Donut event at our house for the neighborhood kids and their moms. It started at 10a and has been going on for four hours. Our backyard neighbor left to take her son to basketball practice and made it back to the party after practice ended. That was an hour and a half ago. There is nothing safe in the house when events like this are going on. I’ve already saved our bedroom doors multiple times and booted 10 or 15 kids from G’s room twice (for some reason his room is very popular.
I am really ready for this day to be over.
The outdoor temperature is 27 degrees. Freezing. There is no change in the weather forecast for the foreseeable future. The problem with having a drone hobby is that, when there are sugar-filled kids running around the house with their collective heads cut off I cannot fly inside. And since its all about me, and with all the noise being made just outside my bedroom door, I will state the following happenings from today.
At 10a I sort of hid myself upstairs in UncT’s room. I have a couple projects going on up there. Once those were done I charged a couple drone batteries because, though cold, the outside did not have the white stuff falling. I took the opportunity to put my newly built freestyle quadcopter in the air. I had messed with some of the ESC settings that drive the motor after finding my flight controller motor settings were wonky. The process was kind of clunky because in order to change motor settings the drone must be fully powered as if going for flight and connected to my laptop. The first part can be done outside and the second only done when the day is nice and warm. With two fully charged battery packs I went outside, gave a quick test flight, brought the quad in to hook up to the laptop, change settings, and repeat the process. My goal was to lower the speed of battery pack consumption caused by high motor settings, TL:DR I want longer flight time. As far as this experiment goes, I achieved success. Next week I travel to Knoxville where the weather should be warmer and I can re-tune the quad on the new motor settings. Of course, that project finished a little over two hours ago. The party is still going.
I am very impressed that YB can handle this kind, this level, of noise. Of people. Of everything that I consider our house to be a sanctuary from. It’s a special gift I think she has. It’s one of the reasons I love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment