Thursday, December 3, 2020

 Post #8


https://www.parksidechurch.com/learn/resources/media-center/sermon/remember/?c=sermon


I can look back and remember how the Lord worked before. I can remember when He moved and His goodness was apparent. The hard part about “remember the works of the Lord” is then applying that memory to what is to come. The Lord is very clear throughout His Word. He did not leave them alone before, and won’t leave them alone in the future. He did not leave me high and dry in times passed, and will not leave me high and dry in times to come.


The problem with “remembering the works of the Lord” is that, at least for me, the stakes become higher every time I reach a situation where “He must move or I die”. From my point of view the game is more important. The ramifications more dire.


Esther is not necessarily written in a personal way where some father somewhere is going through the emotions of, “Holy crap, the family is going to be slaughtered unless God does something”. Yet it must have been that the average Joe-Dad felt that. And what a relief it must have been to have the King’s edict come down where Joe-Dad was given the authority to defend himself and his family against the coming of the authorities who would have put the entire Jewish population to death. To finally have some backing from the physical world mirroring what he already knew in the Spiritual, what a feeling. Where the physical finally lines up with the spiritual. Where reality finally lines up with the promises and the Word of God.


I have many times found myself in a place where the Lord “must move or we die/fail”, the we being me and YB and the kids, but all of those times have been of our own choosing. We made the decision to follow the Lord and the Lord to that place. Never, until March, was there a time where we had come to that place without it being of our choosing where someone else made that decision for us. It is only now that I find myself in “Persian Jewish Joe-Dad’s” shoes whereby no fault of my own my life and that of my family is now in peril and I’m waiting on the Lord to make circumstance line up with His Word and promises. The difference between times prior and now being solely that I am subjected, forced, to walk through a time which I would have avoided given the choice.


Remembering the works of Lord in current circumstances is easy when there is something to remember that is directly applicable. The ease vanishes when the Lord allows circumstances which are, one, not of our own doing, and two, seem to exist in direct conflict with His Word and Authority.


Lord, let the Haamans of this world, his sons, everyone associated with them and their cause be as Haaman. Let them hang and die in full view of all being seen for what they are. Frauds. Deceivers. Liars. Evil.

No comments:

Followers

Contributors