Some things in life you just have to be laugh at. Some of those things in life, at which you have to laugh, are not funny; specifically, when I leave for work on the west coast.
Mid January found me in California for seven days. I had some union meetings and a weekend of work. It always surprises me what breaks at home when I go out west. This time, as in 2016 when in San Fransisco for the TNF Pregame Show on CBS, it was car trouble.
Luckily YB hadn’t gone off the side of the road on a back road. She was backing out of the garage while taking the kids to school and one of the rear tires went flat. She never got farther than the sidewalk intersecting with our driveway.
The tires were very due for a change. In fact I was going to take care of it the week I got back. But the cold, coupled with the baldness of the tires, lowered the survivability of our second set of 2010 Toyota Camry tires. The first set, if you’d like to know, met their match when YB somehow punctured the sidewall while getting on the highway when we were still in Virginia Beach.
While in California I worked in a truck that was completely inundated with mold. The wetness (marine layers) of the San Diego area didn’t help, and I came down with Flu on my return flights home. I hope the elderly couple I traveled next to from SAN to ATL didn’t catch anything, especially after I told them it was mold related. I spent the next week in bed, so I wouldn’t have been able to take care of the tires anyway.
February has been nice and quiet, and a great time to remember the goodness of the Lord who brought me, YB, G and Z into a much needed respite. Which brings us to now and the real reason I am writing.
Not long after YB and I got married, but before I went freelance full time, I found a website, a message board, for freelance TDs made up of freelance TDs. It was very active and nothing but a giant source of knowledge, brimming with advice and how-tos. Then the host, I believe, went out of business and all that knowledge was lost. Until sometime last year.
Every once in a while I’d punch the address in and see if the site was back up and running. Obviously it is, since I’m writing about it, but it is under new management and starting from scratch. So now I have a new username and, even though registered, the unbelievable inability to post any replies, new threads, or direct message any of the users. The last time the admin who can take care of those settings was online was back in January before I headed to the west coast.
I’m not complaining. Really, I’m not. Just chuckling. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment