Guys and girls both have their quirks, the things that make them tick. What's interesting to me is to see the development of those ticks in each of our children, even at such a young age.
This morning Gman went in his room to get changed. For him, the process of changing clothes can take anywhere from no less than 10 minutes to a couple hours if YB and I let it go that long. I mean really, that toy on the ground needs to be played with. The window needs to be looked out of. The book needs to be read. Recently he has taken to closing the door when getting dressed to keep Z out, something that was only a matter of time but still an indication he's continuing to grow up. He emerged with a shirt. A green shirt. And one he wears quite frequently. YB commented on it. "You like that shirt, don't you?" Then Gman and I had a conversation that went something like this.
"Is that your favorite shirt?"
"Oh yes, what about Z?"
"Z is a girl. Girls don't have favorite shirts, they have favorite outfits. Guys are more simplistic. Daddy has a couple hoodies he likes right now. I wear them all the time. That is your favorite shirt, you wear it all the time."
It's the simple things that makes guys and girls different. It's hysterical seeing Gman start to notice those differences. Watching our kids grow up and having the God-given blessing to be a part of their lives is something I am so thankful for and so often cracks me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment