Saturday, July 25, 2015

Rabbit Trails

Gman is at the age where he has questions.  Questions.  More questions.  And more questions.  It's awesome.  Most of the time they come out at bedtime because it's one of the few times I have absolute one on one time with him (Zbug has some kind of radar and always shows up when I'm talking with Gman).

Last night Gman and I talked about where the sun goes at night.  So this evening I re-downloaded an app to my phone that is an interactive tour of the solar system.  After I put Zbug down Gman and I sat on the couch for 20 minutes looking at Earth, the Moon, the Sun, orbits...Then it was time to go to bed.  I asked Gman what he was thinking about (because he had that thinking look).  He replied, "The Earth".  Our conversation then went from the earth to his solar projector YB and I gave him for Christmas, to spiders, their webs, what the webs are for, what they eat, why bugs get caught in them, what we do when we run into them, to snow, building snowmen, that it has to be cold for it to snow, to thunderstorms and being scared by them (I guess we've had a couple loud ones this summer).  I told him he could always come and get mommy and daddy when a thunderstorm comes.  That seemed to satisfy him.  That whole trail spanned 20-30 minutes.

Love that little guy.  ;)

1 comment:

Aunt Mary said...

This is some of the most precious stuff I have ever read.

He is blessed that he has a Daddy that understands how precious he is. You will not regret the time spent. Ever.

(No wonder he was so excited to get the solar lighted stick-on stars.)

Followers

Contributors