Thursday, March 1, 2012

JD Checks In...

I thought it would appropriate to write a post tonight. YB had a meeting from 7pm till 9pm and then wanted to work out after. I am taking the opportunity to do some maintenance on her Macbook since it's been forever since the last time that's been done and it had started to bog a bit. I think it's been defragging for an hour or two now and it'll probably take all night at this point. G was so tired after YB left for her meeting that he passed up dinner and passed out around 7:30. He's been asleep ever since except for stirring a little after I went in to shut his window.

It was so nice taking a run in shorts today. Wow.

What I have defined as Freelance Season is now over. I had my last college basketball game last Saturday and am now trying to make the transition back to being home on a regular basis. That transition will actually be a bit difficult. I've got two more games to do, one at the end of this month and one in April, and YB, G and I will be spending a weekend in DC celebrating her birthday and giving me a chance to watch a guy work on a Sony MVS-8000. I'm going to add that switcher to my list so I can work more places...it's in quite a few trucks from what I understand. I am truly amazed when I look at how certain situations have ended up at this point in time. God is so good. Other situations are just getting started, but I don't think I can go into that here.

YB and I are continuing to work on the house. My goal is to have a house that passes as something close to being energy efficient. We'll be saying goodbye to the rest of the 1950's era windows with the counterweight pulley system, some of which have been painted shut for who knows how long. Half of them went last year. The rest will go sometime this month. I'm also going to try insulating the crawlspace (which isn't) and insulating the storage space in the eves of the attic. That was insulated at one time but...needs to be done again. The house will be painted, if not this year, then next year (I'm being ambitious at this point) after, of course, the electric is upgraded to 200 amps. We're sitting pretty at 100 right now. We can get by on that and have only had one time where we popped a circuit. That stuff will probably be next year.

Everything else is going pretty well at this point. Not exactly the amazing post you were probably looking for but it is 11:30pm and I'm waiting to go to bed...hopefully YB comes home soon.

1 comment:

Babba-Gi said...

Just don't do anything stupid Jon, like buy a Prius.

Followers

Contributors